SpamExperts - Filter settings
This article was posted in: Email
This article will show you how to access SpamExperts Email Protector and configure your Filter settings. This article assumes you are already logged into cPanel.
Accessing the StriKe system
You can access the SpamExperts configuration settings for your cPanel account via the Mail section, and clicking on the SpamExperts icon.
SpamExperts is very configurable to suit your needs. Click the Filter settings icon to enter the configuration screen.
The settings for each domain in your cpanel account can be customised as follows.
- Quarantine enabled : If you disable the quarantine system, emails detected as spam will not be kept in the quarantine system but will be delivered to your email server. The spam will be delivered to your mailbox and will include X-Spam headers that your email client can use to filter your email locally, if desired.
- Quarantine threshold : The lower the score, the more likely it is that messages will be classed as spam.
- Tag threshold : The lower the score, the more likely it is that messages will be classed as unsure. Unsure messages are still delivered into your mailbox, and still carry X-Spam headers to help you filter your email locally. Tag threshold must be lower than Quarantine threshold.
- Skip SPF Check : This turns off SPF checking. Unless you understand the SPF system, then skipping SPF is not a good idea.
- Skip maximum line length check : Again, only poorly written email agents will sent malformed email messages which break the agreed standards. Leave this unchecked.
- Unsure Notation : Enter a message that will get prepended to the email subject of incoming messages the system is unsure about (see Tag threshold, above.)
- Quarantine response : Rejected produces an SMTP time 550 error to the sending server, telling them the message was rejected (even though it is actually placed into your Quarantine) due to being spammy. This is the recommended setting. The other option, Accepted, will accept the message (and still Quarantine it) but will not tell the sending server about the problem.
Manage list of domains and IP addresses with disabled SPF check
This link will take you to another page that allows you to disable SPF check for certain IP addresses or domains. This may be useful if you receive email from people who use badly configured SPF records. However, use this functionality with caution as it may increase the amount of spam you receive.