How to configure Outlook 2013 for IMAP mail
This article was posted in: Email
This article assumes that you have already configured a mailbox using a Krystal cPanel account. To carry out the instructions in this article you will need the Manual Settings for your mailbox. You can obtain these in cPanel > Email Accounts by clicking on the More button next to your mailbox details, and selecting Configure Email Client.
Start Outlook 2013 from the Windows Start Button, or by opening it from the Applications folder or Desktop.
Click the File (1) menu item, then on the next screen, click the Add Account (2) button.
On the following screen, choose Manual setup or additional server types. The automatic method that Outlook provides gets so many things wrong, it's quicker to simply set it up manually. Click Next.
On the Choose Service panel, select POP or IMAP and click Next.
- Your Name : enter your name as you would like it to appear to your recipients.
- E-mail Address : the full mailbox address that you set up previously in cPanel.
- Account Type : choose IMAP from the dropdown list.
- Incoming mail server : enter your Home Server name as provided in your welcome email (which may differ from the example).
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP) : enter the same as your incoming mail server, above.
- Password : the mailbox password (NOT your cPanel account password).
- Remember password : ticked
Click More Settings... button.
On the Internet E-mail Settings dialog box, click the Outgoing Server tab at the top. Tick the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication check box. Do NOT click OK yet!
Select TLS from both drop down boxes marked. Be sure to enter INBOX in the Root folder path box. The remaining default settings are as shown. Click OK.
Back on the Add Account panel, click the Next button.
You should now see a brief test take place, which should be successful. Just click Close, and then Finish. That's it!