Transferring non uk domain names to Krystal
This article was posted in: Domain Names
.com .org .net and other non-country-specific domains are called gTLDs (generic Top Level Domains).
Transferring gTLDs into Krystal requires that several steps are completed correctly, otherwise the transfer will fail. Please read this guide carefully to avoid problems.
Step 1 - Preparing your domain for transfer away from the existing registrar
The first thing to do is to log into your existing domain registrar's control panel, and prepare your domain for transfer. These are the steps you must complete:
- Ensure that any WHOIS privacy service (sometimes called Privacy, stealth, ID Protection or similar names) is DISABLED. If such a service is enabled for the domain, then it will not be possible for us to determine the registrant's contact details, and the transfer will FAIL.
- Ensure that the domain is UNLOCKED.
- Obtain the EPP code (also sometimes called the transfer key).
- Ensure that you are able to receive email at the Administrative contact email address for the domain.
If any of the above steps are not completed, the transfer cannot complete.
Here are some links to guides on transferring away from other providers:
Step 2 - Login
Log into your Krystal Client area at http://krystal.co.uk/client and click on DOMAINS > PURCHASE DOMAINS from the main menu. If you don't have a customer account with us yet, just go to http://krystal.co.uk/register and create a new one.
Step 3 - Search for domain availability
Enter your domain in the box provided, and hit Return, or click the magifying glass icon.
Step 4 - Enter EPP code and choose nameserver action on transfer completion
Enter the domain's EPP Code (Note: EPP codes can legally contain special characters, including punctuation marks, so pay particular attention to getting this right.) and click the Save button.
When ready, click the checkout button.
Step 5 - Payment
Continue through the checkout process and complete the order using your preferred payment method.
What happens next?
- We will send an authorisation email to the Administrative contact email address for the domain. The email will have a subject like "Domain Transfer Request for YOURDOMAIN.COM" - and will be sent from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- The email will ask the recipient to authorise the transfer by clicking or visiting a special web page URL.
- Once the transfer has been authorised, we request the domain name from the existing registrar, using the EPP key to validate the request.
- If the domain is unlocked, then the transfer should normally complete within 5 days and should show up in your client area as Active status.
If the transfer fails due to a failure to prepare the domain (Step 1) correctly for transfer, then please raise a Support Request within 28 days and we will restart the transfer for you.