Information on Transferring IN
.UK Domains (.co.uk/.org.uk/.me.uk etc)
- Place an order using the form above (transfer is free).
- Please contact your current registrar and ask them; "To update the IPS TAG on yourdomain.uk to KRYSTAL"
- Your current registrar is contractually obliged to retag the domain in a "reasonable" time, though they may charge you for the "privilege".
- It costs £0 to RETAG a domain name, if your current registrar is going to charge you to leave then we'd recommend that you just go straight to the .uk registry, Nominet (www.nic.uk) and pay them £10 + VAT directly. This has 2 advantages; 1) they'll action it immediately and 2) it might help discourage the practice of charging to leave, which we believe is unethical, even if it doesn't at least your current registrar doesn't make any money from you leaving.
- You may be asked to provide nameserver information, if so our nameservers are ns1.krystal.co.uk and ns2.krystal.co.uk (Please don't specify IP addresses)
- Once the domain name has been retagged you'll be able to manage it through your client area. Simply change the nameservers to ours if they haven't been already and it'll automatically work with your hosting (if you've ordered any).
N.B. that retagging your domain to our tag without placing an order could result in your domain being detagged as our systems will not know it's meant to be there, please place an order first.
Generic Domains (.com/.net/.org /.info)
- Ensure you have access to the admin email address listed at the registry for your domain. If you do not, contact your current registrar and have it updated to one you can access.
- Obtain the EPP/Auth transfer key from your current registrar.
- Unlock the domain at the current registrar.
- Make sure your domain name has not expired. It is advisable to initiate your transfer at least 7 days prior to expiry date, so there will be enough time to complete the process.
Place an order and make payment
- 2 emails will be sent to the admin contact email address for the domain
- The first email should arrive within 8 hours requesting confirmation to MOVE IN. Please follow the instructions and agree.
- Following this email you may receive another email from your current Registrar requesting confirmation to MOVE OUT, please also accept this.
- It can take up to 5 days for the losing registrar to make the change. You will be emailed when it's been succesfully transferred. You can check the client area for status updates.
- Once we've got the domain simply change the nameservers to ours if they haven't been already and it'll automatically work with your hosting (if you've ordered any).
N.B. We cannot transfer domains that are less than 60 days old . Please wait until the domain is at least 60 days old before attempting to transfer
Domain transfers add 1 year onto your expiry date, so you don't lose any time you have paid for. There is one exception to this rule: If the domain was recently reactivated from an expired state, you will not get a year added to the expiry date.
Information on Transferring OUT
.UK Domains (.co.uk/.org.uk/.me.uk etc)
- Simply login to your client area and under the Domains Icon click on the "Manage" link for the domain you want to retag.
- Enter your new registrar's IPS TAG in the box and click the button
- You can verify that the RETAG has been processed by checking the whois output at www.nic.uk
Generic Domains (.com/.net/.org/.info)
Tell us you're leaving! (and why if you want)
- Initiate a transfer from your new registrar (the international domain transfer mechanism is a pull, not push, system)
- You will get two emails, the first from your new registrar requesting confirmation.
- We will send you an email, checking that you really really want to leave, are you sure? it's not too late, come back to Krystal!
- The domain transfer will be handled automatically after that, it is up to your new host to configure your domain name to work with your hosting.